Sunday, October 24, 2010

Creepy Doll

She is creepy because she has no eyebrows and her eyes are asymmetrical. She shows no emotion.

I used watercolour pencils for shading on her face and I went a little crazy with fabric scraps on her body.

I loved working on her, but here's what ticked me off. I started to stuff her with polyfil. I ran out of this great batting I had been using on other projects, so I switched over to some fill I had recently purchased from Wal-Mart. Curses on Wal-Mart again. This batting was horrible. I just couldn't get a smooth even distribution without a great deal of effort. All I can say is that I am glad I didn't buy the large bag of this useless stuff for $15.00 and that I only shelled out $5.00.

This dolly was part of a birthday present I made for my friend who shares my love of old movies. At least once a week we get together to watch an old film from the 30s, 40s or 50s. We figure how can you go wrong with Joan Crawford, Bette Davis or Barbara Stanwyck.

5 comments:

Healing Woman said...

She turned out cute but I don't find her spooky. Just adorable..as for the movies you and your friend watch-Bravo! What a great way to entertain yourselves. I love the oldies.

Summerset said...

She's great! The face is a little unusual and you can tell that something is not quite right with her.

Love the old movies - the wardrobes were amazing for both the men and women!

Maggie R said...

Hi Inga,
Love the doll... Love the face.. Nice work,
I enjoy the old movies too. the clothes were so beautiful, and the bedroom scenes were left up to the imagination!!!!!
xoxo
((((hugs))))
Maggie

Judy Merrill-Smith said...

Awesome!!! Love the patched look.

Hoola Tallulah said...

Hello Inga, your doll is beautiful, and I am hearing you on the old movies, perhaps you could make a doll inspired by those silver screen sirens?
Love to you and yours <3