I only managed to do 9 faces out of the 29 Faces Challenge. Other around the house projects have kept me busy. For instance:
I tracked down through an on-line add this plain brass chandelier. The seller was asking more than I was willing to pay but it was not moving at his asking price. He agreed to my price which was more in line with what I have seen in thrift stores.
My husband spray painted it white for me and I added some glass 'crystals' which I had found in a thrift store for next to nothing. Then he drilled some small holes in the bobeches from which I hung the small 'crystals'. The longer hanging 'crystals' were easily draped over the arms.
So it's not a real crystal chandelier but I was able to create the look for a fraction of the cost of a real one. I love the way it's looks against our rustic wood panel backdrop.
To continue with the thrifty theme, next I made curtains for the bedroom out of soft blue floral sheets I bought at thrift shops.
Next I sewed side panels out of a beautiful king sheet, again, from my favourite thrift store. I don't want to leave the upper white rod exposed so to finish off the look, I plan to make a valance. I'll have to go through my stash to find the right fabric.
My husband found the above metal ornament at the place of our local scrap dealer. He wasn't sure what he was going to do with it. He just liked it. I suggested we hang it on top of the bathroom door and there it resides.
And finally, a new project to be started shortly. The red fabric is from a couple of thrifted pillow cases which I intend to recycle into placements. The black and ivory paisley fabric is a sheet now serving as a tablecloth. I love pattern on pattern and these two look like they were made for each other. I am going to love my fall dining table.