Sunday, June 15, 2008

Had Enough Of These Tank Tops?






















Saturday's shopping trip was a bust. I went to Upper Canada Mall in Newmarket, Ontario, Canada which is about a 45 minute drive from where we live. What a nightmare. I couldn't find a thing. Hubby was fortunate and managed to find a couple of pairs of trousers, some shorts and a couple of shirts to take on our holiday trip. Hubby was NOT in a shopping mood and cut our trip short after only a couple of hours. He promised me he would bring me back Sunday to resume my shopping.

Sunday, today, was another weary day. I spent four exhausting hours in the mall but at least I managed to find a few items of clothing. Let me tell you, it wasn't easy. I spotted a few tops that I really liked, but when I tried them on, they weren't working for me. Much too low cut with too much exposed cleavage. Or the dart was too low. Or there was gaping at the armscye. Or too tight at the waist and hips. All the more inspiration for sewing my own.

Anyway, here's another one of the tank tops, the last for a while.

Before we leave on Wednesday, I'm sure I have time to sew one more top (no, not another tank top). I did most of the preparation this morning and will be at it early tomorrow morning.

I think I am finally starting to get a bit excited about our trip.

No comments: