Monday, June 16, 2008
New Project, New Look 6362
This pattern has been in the New Look catalogue for a long time. I made this top twice eons ago. Actually in 1995. I remember wearing one of the tops the very first time we were invited to dinner at my good friend J's house.
In those days, I always cut my patterns according to bust size which fluctuated between a size 14 and 16. I have since learned a thing or two about fitting and now I start with a size 12 and make increases when necessary. This is supposed to be loose fitting so I added 4 inches at the bust and hips. I should end up with a much better fit now than I did previously.
I am making View A, the red pullover one with the short sleeves. It has to be quick and easy right now as I have no time to fuss with zippers or buttons.
The pattern has been adjusted and I'm ready to go. I'm going to try and grab a couple of hours sewing time this afternoon and another couple this evening. I still have many things to do before we leave for our big trip - yikes - only two days away. I hope to post a picture of the finished product, if I can, tomorrow.