Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Peanut Doll


I refer to this doll as a Peanut Doll because her shape and colour resemble a peanut. This happened purely by accident, not by design. I just starting cutting with my scissors and that's what I ended up with.

I wanted to make a child like face and I think I succeeded. Now I have all kinds of ideas for little girl dolls. Makes we wonder if I'm ever going to get out of the "doll factory" and on to other projects.

My contractor is here right now, working away. The brackets for the shelving are all up. He has cut a hole in the wall where the heater will reside. I think he will be delivering the shelves tomorrow as he still needs to add a second coat of varnish.

My house looks like a tornado hit - crafty stuff all over the place. I will be very pleased (and so will hubby) to have everything neatly stored on my new shelves.

4 comments:

Ellie Garratt said...

I love your Peanut Doll - the detail is amazing :)

Thank you for the kind comments on my blog. Is it alright if I place you in my blog links?

Creativehands said...

When my second niece was born, she was little and my brother and his wife called her a 'squeaky pink peanut'. I found a 'sqeaker' and make a soft, pink toy for her and embroidered a face on it. Who knew I was on my way to a Dottee Doll?
Are you in the Valentine Exchange?
I know, I know; we're not even done Christmas yet and I'm already asking about Valentines! But it IS your fault; I found the link on your list of 'blogs that I read'!
Having a Studio is like a haven... a Creative Haven.

Dot said...

Oh my goodness! I love your peanut doll! Such a beautiful face. I love your art!!

Anonymous said...

Cherry Pretzel - Pretzels aren't popular in Belgium so it's one of those treats that I treasure in almost any form. You know those peanut butter filled pretzel logs? Well just imagine them filled with peanut butter and wrapped with whole fresh cherries. http://www.phentermine-effects.com