Sunday, November 11, 2007

My Favourite Star


I was away this weekend which prevented me from finishing up the last ATC for my swap. I only like to do my creative thing during daylight hours. Once it starts getting dark, it doesn't feel right to me.

Since I don't have another ATC to show, I thought I'd post my favourite star ornament. I had been trying to photograph this and just wasn't able to get a good shot. As I was browsing through my pictures, I discovered that I had previously scanned an image of this little gal after I first created her.

Of all the stars I've made, I think she is my favourite. I had a lot of fun hunting for suitable fabrics for the "Star" series. All are made from quilting cottons with very tiny celestial themed prints embellished with either gold or silver.


I managed to find a dozen or so cottons that fit the bill. No two stars are alike. When I can figure out how to re-connect my scanner to my computer, I will post a few more of my stars. I should do another series, maybe out of Christmas fabrics.

This weekend, I had the chance to go to two different Michaels craft stores. I get completely overwhelmed - there's so much stuff. I could browse in there for many happy hours. Along with some fabric markers, quality coloured pencils (that were marked down more the 50%), and a punch, I bought two female face rubber stamps (50% off thanks to the coupons). The face stamps are for some dolls that I am starting soon.

No comments: