Sunday, November 4, 2007

I Love Cats





















Cats are my favourite critters on this planet. When I saw these cute cat buttons, I bought them not knowing how I would use them. I was pretty sure I wasn't going to put them on any clothing that I would wear. I ended up making this little ornament for a friend, who sadly, passed away earlier this year.

The hearts are cotton with zig-zagged edges with the cat button is sewn in the middle. I love the colours - black/white gingham and deep burgundy polka dots.

Now I just said that I wouldn't wear these cats, but actually, I have a couple more on which I've filed off the shanks and am thinking about glueing posts on the back to make a pair of earrings. Nah, maybe, not. I can glue them onto a card or something.

A lot of bloggers post pictures of their pets so I think I will too. Meet Zoe, my little princess cat who is almost 15 years old. She is finally starting to mellow in her golden years. It used to take me ten minutes of petting and talking to her before she would start purring. These days her little motor starts right away. She was never playful but one thing that catches her attention is a moving beam of light from a flashlight. She goes crazy chasing after the light.

She will likely be my last pet. Once she passes on, I don't want to get attached to another animal. It's just too painful when you lose them.

1 comment:

Creativehands said...

You're doing some beautiful work there, Cotton Picker! And today is the day I have set aside to work on some quilting! So who's inspiring who now?