Remember this cat I started a few weeks ago? I finished her up today. I only had a very small piece of the pretty mustard yellow print, enough for the head and a few decorative circles. The tail is from another cotton print that is a few shades darker.
I considered sewing buttons on the circles but decided to keep it very simple. The doll is lightly stuffed with polyfill. It's mostly hand sewn but I stitched the front to the back by machine. I'm glad I cut a slit in the back to stuff it from the back. This way the front has a nice clean finish.
The photo was taken outside in the bright sunshine so the colours are not accurate. The body is a light beige/ivory print, not white as it appears in the photo.
I think I will enter her in our local fall fair if she meets the requirements (I'll have to review the rules).