Monday, February 22, 2010

Verdigris In Cloth

Verdigris: A green or bluish patina formed on copper, brass, or bronze surfaces exposed to the atmosphere for long periods of time.

The orange represents untarnished copper.

This was fun to work on, even though I had to put in quite a few hours. The silhouette took awhile because I'm not the skilled drawer that I once was in my youth, and I wanted to get correct (or close to) proportions. I am practicing drawing as I'd like to create some dancers in various poses.

I slightly altered the second photo so you can see the detail a little better.






















2 comments:

mizmilvi said...

Wow ... very nice schwester!! Cool idea and I love the braid!!

Judy Merrill-Smith said...

Inga, this came out fabulously! The woven fabric is used very effectively, and the braid is perfect.