Saturday, February 13, 2010

Happy Valentines Day






















A day early, I know, but better to post now while I have some time. So this is my first attempt at weaving strips of cotton. I just happened to have all the right colour beads and threads in my stash to match this pink-coral heart. Best of all, I bought a number of stones from a jeweller last year. I especially liked the coral black and was hoping I could use it in one of my projects as I am not one to wear necklaces and pendants too much. (Rings are another story). :) This stone is perfect.

Hubby brought home a gift for me last night which he instructed me not to touch/open until Valentines Day. Sweet man. I told him he shouldn't have got me anything; that he already made me a declaration of love with that electric can opener he got me recently. I love that thing. No more struggling with the manual one. I think of hubby every time I use it. Aren't I romantic?















5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Inga thats so pretty.Just lovely, thanks so much for sharing!~~Becky

Judy Merrill-Smith said...

Nice weaving! It's a really nice valentine -- the face and the beads all add to the total package.

Summerset said...

Perfectly sweet! Happy Valentine's Day!

Creativehands said...

WHAT DID YOU GET?????

Cotton Picker said...

Three long stemmed chocolate roses - one dark chocolate, one milk chocolate and one white chocolate.