Thursday, April 23, 2009

Just When I Needed An Angel






















April has been a month of sorrow for me. Just when I needed an angel, one showed up in the mail from my good friend and glass artist, Julia. Twice she tried to mail this to me in time for my birthday last month and twice the Post Office returned it to her. It arrived after the third try for the time it would be most appreciated.

Julia made this from glass beads, wire, and silver wing charms. I'm not sure what material the turquoise pearly skirt is (forgot to ask her). I believe she used her own glass beads for the head and body (forgot to ask her that too). Anyway, I really love it and I am touched by the fact that she made this just for me.

I haven't worked on my art very much this month. I have been busy with other things like helping hubby with our business. The rest of the month will be devoted to entertaining some of my cousins from Estonia and preparing our house for a renovation project. I have three works in progress which will hopefully be completed in the beginning of May.

I am still trying to get used to life without my little kitty. The house is so quiet and I feel a bit lonely during the day now without her. At least I can count on our very friendly neighbourhood cat, Lucy, to drop by and say hello.

3 comments:

Bel said...

Hi Inga Glad to hear from you and know you are doing well. I have been thinking of you lately and I am glad you will be having some family and friends around you shortly. And to start renovations on your home is a great way to keep motivated and busy too. I am hoping that after this bad patch your coming days will be filled with sunshine and laughter. Take care Inga Belinda xxx

Judy Merrill-Smith said...

What a gorgeous angel -- and what perfect timing. It can be good to take some time off from our creative endeavors, and to come back to them fresh and excited.

Jacky said...

You have had a bad patch lately Inga...how fitting that your beautiful angel arrived to look over you.

Jacky xox