Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Out comes some more of that pretty silhouette floral fabric leftover from the skirt I made last year. Actually, I am ashamed to say I never quite finished the skirt. It still patiently awaits a hem. I AM going to finish it in time for my trip to Estonia in May.
I wanted to make a quick and easy ornament so that I could practice stringing beads and sewing them securely between the front and back layers. Previously I used a nylon (fishing line like) thread for stringing beads but you can't easily sew with it. Today I used an extra strong cotton thread which worked a lot better. I love when you try something new and it works.