Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Blue and Purple Goddess Doll For A Swap























I am really starting to love to embroider. A year ago I was a hopeless case. I have since learned a few things, like, practice makes perfect and what a difference it makes when you use embroidery floss vs regular thread. It's been more years that I care to remember since I was first introduced to embroidery in a Grade 7 Home Economics class. I had forgotten about the embroidery floss, and almost all the stitches I learned way back when.

This little doll is for a Swap-Bot Goddess Doll swap that I signed up for. I had a purple face to use up so I thought, "a colourful purple-faced Goddess". She has lots of embroidery, a few sequins for some sparkle and and a beaded tail.

I just started stitching and used the fabric for inspiration. The stitches are very simple, but effective, I think. I'm itching to do some French knots but so far, I'm not getting it when I watch the demos on YouTube.

It's December already and I haven't started my Christmas cards yet. I'll be working on those next. And Belinda, if you're reading this, I haven't forgotten - I still want to do another swap with you.

3 comments:

GraceBeading said...

She is a beautiful little treasure. The swapper that receives her is a lucky one!

Summerset said...

Pretty - the embroidery adds another dimension to the doll. I embroider following the print of the fabric often - it is very easy that way!

I did get the icicle doll! Thank you so much, she's lovely and is hanging from my bulletin board with all my other treasures.

Judy Merrill-Smith said...

Gorgeous doll! I love the embroidery. French knots are tricky -- it took me a long time to get the hang of them. Which YouTube videos are you watching? Maybe I can give you some pointers.