Saturday, August 30, 2008

Pink Goddess






















Just to relax a bit last night, I made this little Goddess Doll while playing "I Love Lucy" DVDs on my laptop. Someone sent me a swatch of butterfly fabric during a swap (I wish I could remember who). I have to thank that person as that fabric has been useful. Miss Pink Goddess is wearing one of those butterflies.

We have an upcoming Community Art Show in our area which is a part of a much larger arts programme that includes visual artists, artists' studio tours, musicians, actors, authors and film. Most of the participants are accomplished and respected in their field. I, who am self-taught and virtually unknown, see a great opportunity to take part in the Community Art Show. According to their flyer, the show is "open to all artists, young and old, to exhibit their work". So why not?

Also, it just occurred to me that I could display a few of my dolls at our local Fall Fair. So lots to keep me busy and out of trouble.

No comments: