Monday, February 11, 2008

Red and Blue






















This fabric doll was inspired by a post on Dot's Blog. In her blog entry, Dot posted pictures of the creations that she and other artists made for a fabric doll book project. When I saw those dolls, I thought it was a fabulous idea and wanted to try it too. So this is Page One of my little doll book.

I used four different quilting cotton prints with a few dark red and pearl beads. These were all from the huge pile of scraps that were given to me by my neighbour. I think I may do the next one in greens.

3 comments:

Ellie Garratt said...

Oooh...fabric doll books. Something else to try :)

Where do you find the time?

Bel said...

Hi I saw these on Dot's blog to and I think it turned out just gorgeous, its a wonderful idea. I love the colours of your first doll, can't wait to see the finished project but I'm sure there will be a lot of work yet to go into it. Belinda

Dot said...

What a great idea to make your own fabric doll book Inga! I love this little lady.