Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Polka Dot Dotee
I should have waited until she was completely finished. She's near enough done that I thought I'd share her with you now. She just needs a back and some stuffing and she's good to go.
This is for a swap that I've been looking forward to doing for a while. The theme is polka dots and rather than use just one fabric, I used three different polka dot colours from my stash, burgundy, black and moss green.
All of my dolls so far have been completely hand sewn. For this one, I used my sewing machine and played around with some of the decorative stitches. I added a few beads that my friend J got for me from that mega bead store that I am scared to visit myself (in case I bankrupt us).
Now that I've actually dug out the sewing machine from all that mess on my sewing table, I will use it more often for doll making.
I've been sorting through my sewing patterns and am really itching to start on some spring and summer clothing. In fact, I am going to use that green fabric on the doll to make a top. I love that shade of green and it seems to love me right back.