Friday, February 22, 2008
February Card Finished
My February greeting card is finished and so is February, almost. All the folks I need to send these out to have birthdays late in the month so it's OK. I tried to get a sharper photo of the card but it just wasn't working for me today. You'll have to take my word for it that the real thing looks clear and sharp, especially on this beautiful olive green cardstock my good friend J gave me.
I have been tagged by Judy at Cheery Tomato Productions to tell six quirky things about myself. I am happy to oblige, but I don't tag other people. If you are reading this and want to reveal your quirky side, consider yourself tagged.
1. I love to go into fabric stores and fondle the fabrics. I could spend hours in a fabric store looking at everything, books, tools, etc.
2. Sometimes when I am doing something repetitive, like peeling potatoes, I mentally count along with each peel.
3. I don't really want to go on a vacation (even though I will be in June) while my 15 year old cat is still alive. I worry about her when I am gone.
4. If I could pick and choose my talents, I would be a brilliant opera singer.
5. I love dresses and would wear them all the time if I didn't stick out like a sore thumb. Sadly, you don't see many women wearing dresses anymore. Actually, as I get older I'm starting to get more like your batty old aunt who doesn't give a hoot about what others think. So I resolve to wear dresses this year.
6. Against all logic, I like Amy Winehouse. There is something in her voice that is so unique and connects with me and her back up band is outstanding. Amy, if you could stay sober so I could understand the lyrics you are singing. Not great to look at with the rat's nest hair and tattoos, though.