Tuesday, December 18, 2007
The idea for this doll I owe, in part, to Monica of Girl Gone Thread Wild, as she sent me a swatch of the wonderful alphabet fabric.
This doll was a challenge because I must have been asleep when I cut out the body. Since I didn't pay attention to the layout of the letters, I couldn't give her the collar I wanted to without hiding too much of the letters. I stared at her for a very long time before finally deciding to add buttons in the "O" and the "Q" and a circle around the little blue star in the bottom.
I gave her glasses because I thought she needed an "intellectual" look. And...I had some nice wooden beads that were perfect for the little tail.
I'm quite happy with this one as it's a bit of a change from the glittery things I've been making lately.
I'm working on a few special Christmas gifts right now which I cannot show until after Christmas. At the same time, I'm still trying to produce something at least every other day to post here.
I'm feeling some pressure to get the gifts done, but handmade in the comfort of my own home, beats the heck out of doing battle at the shopping malls.