I haven't posted anything in a few days because I completely cleared up my work space. It seems I am more apt to be inspired when there is a big mess and all my tools and materials surround me. I will get back to it shortly, however, in the meantime, I started on some curtains for my three season room.
Here is a view of the room. The "walls" on three sides are floor to ceiling glass overlooking a beautiful, private green space.
Last year I thought it would be a good idea to sew a valance all the way around the windows. Buying fabric would have cost me plenty so I decided to use old pillows cases with a floral design that I had been collecting from thrift stores. I made a template for the main fabric and muslin lining and managed to completed three panels. In the end I decided it would involve too much boring, repetitive sewing and I gave up. Here is what the panels look like. It was a good idea but I simply lacked patience to complete the whole thing.
Instead, I switched to collecting full sheets (floral patterns, of course) from thrift stores and now have quite a few.
I completed the first full panel today. I will still need to makes ties as I don't want to completely block the outside view, except at night.
And finally, this week from the thrift store, I got a set of eight crystal glasses for $5.00. Very pretty.