Thursday, March 13, 2014

One of A Kind Cards

Here are a couple of cards I made for two lovely girls.  The star card is for 9 year old C---- as a thank you for the bracelet and matching ring she created for me on her special little loom.  Since she offered me the choice of very bright colours for my bracelet and ring, I think she will like the bright colours in the card.


The flower card is for her younger 3 year old sister, A--, who I wouldn't want to feel left out.  I cut out a quick template for the petals and then traced around it with a heavy permanent marker.  I liked the result so much that I used the template again for a St Patrick's Day card for a friend.


After the second use of the template, there was a lot of bleeding from the marker.  I don't know why but I like that as well.  The only reason I am calling it a St Patrick's Day card is because of the green colours.  Other than that, it isn't what  you would normally associate with St Patrick's Day.


No comments: