Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sweet Heart (But Not For Me)

























Not every one has a sweetheart or a Valentine. That’s what I had in mind when I made this piece. The text:

“Sweet Heart, but it doesn’t beat for me
It beats softly in love but not for me
Sweet lips I know I’ll never kiss
You’re what I’m afraid I must miss”

is from a song found on a favourite Maria Muldaur LP recorded way back in 1974. The song always stuck with me.

I used the same template I created for my Evil Cat. The printed cottons are various shades of red and pink, the usual colours we associate with Valentine’s Day. The heart is broken because she has no sweetheart.

2 comments:

Flowermouse Design ❀ Lone said...

Beautiful work. And I like that you´ve thought outside the box!!

By the Bluegrass said...

Oh, sad....but so pretty!
xo,
Sena