Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Looking Ahead To Spring

Although it's only February 1st and we are warned to expect a severe snowstorm tomorrow, I am looking ahead to spring. At the same time, I am also thinking ahead to tomorrow and seeing myself moving a mountain of snow. :(

What you see below are details of a work in progress with a spring theme. I am making a spring banner. I had to think about it for a week before I began and then suddenly, in our local thrift shop, I found inspiration - a single white tie dyed pillow case with a rainbow of light and bright colours. Perfect. I spent a whopping 75¢.

More inspiration last night as I was trying to decide what text to use. Searching for spring themed poems on the internet was not producing any results that I thought were right until I remembered a song I heard years ago. I could only remember a couple of lines and managed to find it based on my memory. I even found a few performances of it on YouTube. Not all songs translate well when read as a poem, but I think this one does. Anyway, that I will share in a later post. In the meantime, there's a lot of work yet to be done on the banner.






















2 comments:

Bel said...

Don't you just love bargain finds? I am usually inspired the most from thrift shopping and the excitement of a new idea :) Why don't you try writing your own words to go with it? I think you would be very good at poetry. Good luck with the snow storm. Belinda xxx

By the Bluegrass said...

Ooooh, I like this!
xo,
Sena