Sunday, September 26, 2010

Black Cat

I am working on several things at the moment. The Black Cat is an experiment to try out some new materials I just started using. I am not entirely satisfied with the heavy weight fusible interfacing that I bought from Fabricland (a huge fabric chain in Canada). My favourite brand, Pellon, which I used to be able to buy at my local Wal-Mart, is no longer available since they did away with their fabric department. Now I am going to have to find another source for the Pellon. I was surprised that Fabricland didn't carry Pellon.

I was finally able to get my sewing machine in for repairs. Hopefully I can have it back this week. The repair man has retired from his regular job and is now able to devote all of his time to machine repairs. Unfortunately, he was not able to start on it last Friday as he had gone fishing. Sigh - I guess you're entitled to do that when you retire. :)

1 comment:

Healing Woman said...

You have your black cat standing this time. I think you usually have them in a reclining mode don't you? This one is different and I think when you finish, she'll be quite wonderful. I haven't worked with either of the materials you mentioned and it is a shame you can't find the pellon regularly now.