Tuesday, August 31, 2010

JK Jazz - Music and Art Festival

This past weekend, I attented our local 4th annual music and arts festival known as JK Jazz. I had a wonderful time listening to top-notch jazz artists, exchanging hellos with many friends and acquaintances, helping out in the art gallery and sipping on the occasional glass of wine (or two). :)

I was pleased to be a part of the art show again this year and had a whole pile of my cards and six original pieces for sale. I sold a lot of cards and two originals and needless to say, I am happy about that.

We are experiencing another bout of heat here and according to the weather forecast, it isn't going to ease up until Friday. Until that happens, I can't get into any serious stitching as the heat makes me lazy and grumpy. :(

I have three unfinished pieces at the moment, including the one below. I am undecided about what she will ultimately be - a mini wall hanging? a fridge magnet? a pendant? an ornament?

2 comments:

Summerset said...

She's pretty - really she could be any one of those things you mentioned! I agree about the heat, ugh.

rnjenny1 said...

I love her richness!