Monday, July 5, 2010

Angel Assembled
























Recently I discovered artist Carla Trujillo who creates the most wonderful art doll assemblages. What a talent to be able to put together old bits and pieces and create something as wonderful as she does. I really admire that.

Then I thought about all the "junk" such an artist would have to collect and store until each object found it's proper place on a new doll. I thought about how much fun it would be to make this kind of a doll myself, but I don't have the right kind of junk. What I do have is lots of buttons, zippers and fabrics, so why not make up some body parts out of cotton and then sew them together.

Here is my first effort. I'm so pleased at how the Angel turned out.

1 comment:

Carla Trujillo said...

Your angel came out awesome!! Thanks for stopping by my blog!! I do have a lot of junk and that stash just keeps growing to the hubby's dismay! No, really he is pretty cool about it!
I do have a proposition for you if you are game! I would like to send you a box of (junk)goodies and I challenge you to create a doll out of the stuff I send. If your not interested, that's cool too!
The only thing I don't have to send are tools, so e-mail me and let me know what type of tools you have at your disposal and I will send things you could work with!
If your game, my e-mail is dollartworks05@yahoo.com

Carla