Thursday, August 6, 2009

A New Sun






















I have started on a new sun face. Above is a preview of what it looks like. It's going to require a lot of work yet. I've used a pretty yellow quilting cotton for the background but I think it needs a lot of embroidery and texture so that the background will remain in the back. I was thinking about twisting and sewing on some organza ribbon for some of the texture. Actually I have a few ideas but I need to test them out on scraps first. I really like the way this coming along so it makes good sense to make some tests first. I don't want to risk messing this up.

Another thing I have been working on is the idea of opening up an Etsy shop. I'm in the process of familiarizing myself with all the online information Etsy provides and then getting hubby's input (because he's the business guy in our household). And while I was acquainting myself with Etsy, I spotted a cute little cloth doll which I ended up buying and will share with you when it arrives.

My sister and I have been discussing getting together and having a painting day. Not painting walls. Making art kind of painting. I am hoping we can find the time for that sometime this month.

1 comment:

Judy Merrill-Smith said...

Inga, it's gonna be gorgeous! I'm thinking about finally getting on etsy, too. Maybe it's time to take the plunge.