Monday, July 6, 2009

Yard Sale-ing & WIP's























I went yard sale-ing with a couple of the ladies in my neighbourhood. I like the company and chatting to people and usually you get to meet an interesting cat or dog along the way. This week I met a most adorable cockapoo (I miss critters since my cat died).

I spent a grand total of $8.50 on an old Schlitz beer poster for hubby (50 cents, but he's worth it), $4.00 for a pair of handsome wood carvings and $2.00 each for the above pictured sewing reference books. I couldn't believe I lucked out with the books - they look like they've never been opened. I may not do as much fashion sewing these days as I would like to, but I still love flipping through sewing books and reading about sewing.

Below are a couple of items I am working on right now. I'm trying to get as much done as I can for my booth at our local Highland Games and have lots of pieces in the works but nothing completely finished yet. More to come.


No comments: