Saturday, July 18, 2009

Mini Portrait 5 - Busy Day






















Hubby and I went to an art festival today and bought a stone carving. Then we went to a local Ribfest and bought a beer and fries.

The stone artist meant for the piece to be displaying on a table. Unfortunately we're not the "display art on a table" type of people. Our tables tend to get cluttered with other things and so the art would be lost. Instead, we've asked the artist to drill a little hole on the back and glue a hook so that we can hang it up on the wall where it can really be appreciated. We have to allow a day for the glue to dry so it should be ready for us to pick up in a few days. I'll post a picture of it then. The carving is a partial face (now how did you know that would appeal to me)?

3 comments:

Bel said...

Hi Inga I have given you a blog award on my blog, hope you'll accept it. Take care Belinda

Judy Merrill-Smith said...

You've been a busy woman! Lots of nice work here.

Anonymous said...

I really like the colours and jewels you put on this one.

Uhhh... what is Spielverderber?
I think I had one once,
but the wheels fell off.

K. Mountain Kitties