Saturday, June 20, 2009

Floral Butterfly


















This butterfly is almost finished. I just need to add some sort of light weight ribbon (organza?) for the hanger.

Starting next week, I will be working on some tartan ornaments to sell at our local Highland Games. I know a kiltmaker who assures me that the Highland dancer crowd is always on the lookout for something different. She says as long as it has some tartan on it, there's a good chance it will sell.

Making these little cotton things is a hobby I took up a couple of years ago. I'm still experimenting and learning and I'm nowhere near as skilled as I'd like to be. But I am improving and have made a few items which I cannot part with. I mention this because selling my work is not important to me yet.

Anyway, I expect to be posting a lot over the next month. Maybe I'll even find time to catch on old flick on YouTube every now and then.

1 comment:

Summerset said...

Wow! You've been busy making new little dolls! Love your new addition - it will be so worth the wait to be able to enjoy your property from the comfort of your own porch.