Thursday, October 16, 2008

Doll #3 For The Craft Show






















Most of my dolls have raw edges. Although I fuse the fabrics to interfacing to prevent unravelling, I still wanted a cleaner finish so I thought I'd attempt a blanket stitch around the edges. I was very careful to make the stitches as even and neat as possible and I used cotton embroidery floss vs regular thread.

You know what? I really like the result. I'm going to be doing this all the time now. Makes for an extra step, but it's well worth it. There's something very relaxing about hand stitching.

3 comments:

Summerset said...

You're really doing a great job on the dolls you've made recently! This one is my favorite.

Judy Merrill-Smith said...

These dolls are all cute! This flower is especially interesting -- and I love the blanket stitch. I usually do a lot of hand work on my dolls and quilties, because I think it really adds that extra special touch.

Letoya said...

The blanket stitch is really nice. I gives it a clean finished look. I love the beads.
Letoya