Friday, July 18, 2008

Simplicity 7181























The silhouette floral skirt I wrote about a few days ago is almost done. It needs a hook and eye closure on the waistband and a hem. I have the ruffle ready for the matching black petticoat but discovered I don't have enough black broadcloth for the skirt part. So, a trip to the fabric store is required before I can make the petticoat.

In the meantime, I've decided I want to wear a dress to an event hubby and I are going to tomorrow. There isn't much time, but I'm pretty sure I can get it done by noon. I've had the pattern, Simplicity 7181 for a while and my friend, J, gave me 3 metres of fabric that she got for next to nothing in a thrift shop. If it turns out OK, then I'll whip up another one with some fabric that I've actually shelled out some bucks for. Pictured above is the view I am working on and the fabric.

I'll be wearing the dress with bare legs. This morning I got out the self tanning lotion. Already my legs are looking orange which is far better than the usual white. Perhaps another application tonight and I'll be good to go.

More about the dress to follow and if it looks good on me (with sewing you never really know ahead of time), I will model it for you soon.

No comments: