Thursday, January 17, 2008

Why So Many Dolls?


I keep telling myself that I've got to get out of the "doll factory" and get on to other projects. Readers may be wondering "why so many dolls" when my banner indicates that I do make other things such as quilts and clothes. "And yet she keeps posting about those Dotee dolls and Icicle dolls and she keeps joining those swaps".

Why do I do it? To practice. There's an art to everything; the drawing and painting of the faces, the beading, the stitching and the stuffing of the dolls. There's an order in which to do all the steps to get the best results. I am still trying to refine all those processes.

I keep joining all the doll swaps to force myself to keep at it. And when I receive dolls from other swappers, I get to examine their work and hopefully learn at little something new.

Here's an Icicle Doll that I just finished. She looks pretty good but I know there are a couple of things, if I had it to do over again, I would do better.

3 comments:

Creativehands said...

I think she's lovely!
And I wanted to add from a previous post...isn't That Bead Lady a great store? I'm a little afraid to go in, but I know I'll find something fabulous when I do go.

Hoola Tallulah said...

I know exactly what you mean about dotee mania Inga! I am the same, every time I make another one I learn something new, I really want to try reverse applique next! Your dotee's are wondeful, keep em coming, and I am so glad you liked your valentines dotee :)

love.boxes said...

That's how I do things too. I just paint the same thing over and over until I'm happy with it.