Thursday, January 31, 2008

What Hubby And I Were Doing Last Night


Now that I have your attention, it's not what you're thinking.

Actually, I mentioned to hubby that I've got to find someone who can knit and would be willing to knit a few rows for me for my Goddess Doll hair. I have some fabulous "hairy" mauve yarn highlighted with silver. Using single strands would make the hair look too stringy so I thought knitted hair would look much nicer.

So he says to me "I'll knit the hair for you". Married 22 years and I had no clue that he knew how to knit. Apparently his mother was a prolific knitter and showed him how when he was a little boy. And he still remembered. Or thought he did. He couldn't quite remember the casting on part, so we sat in front of the computer watching a knitting tutorial on YouTube.

After the quick refresher course, we were off to the races. I watched him cast on and then when he had knitted a row, I thought "That's thick enough". He also couldn't recall how to cast off, so back to the tutorial. In the end, I had a strand of hair.

The only trouble is he wasn't going to do the rest of the hair for me and said I had to learn to do it myself. "I'll teach you" he said. "It's easy."

You know what? It's not that easy. He's standing over me saying "Do this", "No, not like that", "Hold the yarn like this", "Put your finger here", "Make a loop", "Stop laughing" "If you're going to giggle and not take this seriously....."

I think I finally got the hang of it and will be "knitting" the rest of her hair today.

4 comments:

Hoola Tallulah said...

Two cheers for the knitting hubby, what a lovely thing for him to be able to do for you, I am now off to bend Simon's ear, teehee!

Creativehands said...

Granny always had her tongue sticking out too; were you doing that? It makes all the difference.
But, beware, a new hobby leads to new 'stash'!
Yay Uncle R....does that mean dad actually knows how to knit too? After all his comments?!? That would be a bad thing.

Ellie Garratt said...

That is love for you!

Maggie R said...

Hi CP
Well 3 cheers and a rah rah for DH... What a fun time...
((((hugs))))
Maggie