Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The Stash Is Getting Bigger


I thought I would have nothing to post today since it's a dark, overcast day with unsuitable light for photographing one of my projects. And then came a knock on the door. My neighbour K, who had offered me leftover scraps of quilting cotton from her collection stood there with a huge bag of fabrics in hand. She left it with me to pour over and "pick whatever you like" she said. Many of you will understand my excitement.

I have gone over it all and cut off bits and pieces here and there. Since I work on such a small scale, I don't need large amounts, just a good variety. There are many solids too which are very useful. I have a lot here to keep me going for a very long time. There really is no excuse for buying any more fabric in the near future. Will I stay out of fabric stores? Not on your life. There is always a need for ribbons, trims, threads, buttons, beads...........

2 comments:

Judy Merrill-Smith said...

A bonanza! Excellent!

Ellie Garratt said...

I can totally understand your excitement. I walked into a charity shop on Tuesday and a lady had just donated four bin bags full of yarn! well, I snapped up some crotchet yarn quick for my mum and friends. Like a kid in a cookie jar.